Bobby Flay's Cheyenne Burger

I am soooo full and it was soooo messy but it was sooooo good! LOL!


Bobby Flay's Cheyenne Burgers
Photobucket

Photobucket
1 lb 85% lean turkey burger ($1.89)
1 Onion -slice THIN (25¢)
Borden Applewood Bacon Cheddar Slices ~ my splurge ($3.89/10 slices used 2 =78¢)
Lettuce (maybe 25¢ worth)
Tomatoe (A BIG ONE $1)
Everything else was was in the pantry!
($4.17 TOTAL MEAL)
and yes the burger itself was a full meal!

Use Bobby Flay's Cheyenne Burger Recipe @ Food Network

I followed his recipe tonight. I even made the BBQ sauce recipe.
NOTE: You may need to by chipotle in adobo for the
BBQ sauce if it isn't something you keep around.


EXCEPT
  • I used lettuce and tomato, and he didn't.
  • I used a bacon cheddar cheese by Kraft(my splurge of the menu)
  • I used light brown sugar, which may be why my BBQ sauce is lighter than his. I was going to use a bottle sauce, but I actually had everything in his sauce recipe other than the dark brown sugar and molasses so I used another 1/2T each of honey and light and called it good.. it was AWESOME! BUT VERY SPICY!
  • I used regular milk for the onion ring batter, not buttermilk. Didn't have any. Just put a 1 tablespoon vinegar and whisk well if you like that tangy taste.
Those of you who don't know Bobby Flay's cooking, he likes it hot! This was great!


No comments:

Post a Comment