Jonni uses this as a way to use left over meat so that will save you even more! Just create the sauce first and toss the meat in with the vegetables to heat and toss with the sauce.
I wanted to try it now (we LOVE curry dishes!) so I spent the extra to get meat.
PICTURES COMING SOON!
Update after eating:
I'm going to change it a little if we do it again. The OJ concentrate is really strong and there is a full tablespoon of curry which overwhelmed the kids quite a bit.Next time I'll:make the OJ first and use 1/2 cup of thatstart with 1 TEASPOON of curry instead of a tablespoon like the recipe calls for.
- 1 T oil
- 1/2 c minced onion (I'm using seasoning blend)
- 1 lb diced or sliced fresh meat (Try thin sliced or cubed pork or beef, or poultry cutlets!)
- 2 cloves pressed garlic
- 1/2 c frozen OJ concentrate (update: very strong USE 1/2 c REGULAR OJ)
- 1/3 c water
- 1 T of curry powder (update: too strong flavored for kids USE 1 TEASPOON)
- 1 t salt
- 1 T cornstarch
- 1 T water
- 1 c steamable vegetables
- Prepare rice to have 2-3 cups cooked rice.
- Heat skillet over medium heat and saute onions and meat in the oil.
- Add garlic and saute another 3-4 minutes.
- Add OJ, water, curry and salt.
- Warm in skillet over medium heat until simmering.
- Combine corn starch and 1 T water (a slurry).
- Whisk slurry into sauce in skillet.
- Simmer until thickened 2-3 minutes.
- Steam vegetables in the microwave.
- Toss with sauce serve over rice.