Comfort Foods Dinner

Today's Menu
Mini Meatloafs and Parm Mashed Potatoes
with corn



Today is about comfort and flavor.
I'm in the middle of my finals and I decided
"SO WHAT" about a meal a little less healthy than usual.
I also make it big so this one is a little less budget friendly than others
but to me it is worth the splurge.

The Recipe
Mini Meatloafs
  • 2 lbs 90% lean ground beef (2/$7.18)
pantry items (things I always have on hand):
  • 1/4 c BBQ Sauce ( I used the stuff I made for the Cheyenne Burgers)
  • 1/4 c bread crumbs
  • 1 beaten egg
  • Tony's, pepper, dried onion, garlic powder to taste
  1. mix together lightly
  2. divide into 12 equal portions
  3. put in muffin tin one portion per well
  4. press tops down lightly
  5. bake at 350 for about 30 minutes

Parm Mashed Potatoes
  • about 2 lbs potatoes ($1.50)
  • 1/3 c parmesan grated cheese ($50¢)
pantry items (things I always have on hand):
  • 1/4 c butter
  • 1/3 c sour cream
  • Tony's, salt, pepper to taste
  1. peel and cube potatoes into 1" cubes
  2. boil until tender
  3. drain and return to pan
  4. add parmesan, butter, and sour cream to pan
  5. mash or mix (i use an electric hand mixer) until blended
  6. instead of milk, if it seems too dry I add more sour cream.

Side:
  • Canned Corn (62¢)

TOTAL: $8.30 + pantry...
It's so good I don't know how much will be left
at least ONE lunch LOL!

printer friendly version

No comments:

Post a Comment