Shrimp in Love Pasta
I got this one from KraftFoods.com (original recipe linked)
and I just doubled it, as it is a recipe for 2.
With ingredient changes for my budget:
8 oz linguine
1 lb frozen small shrimp, thawed & drained
1 c frozen spinach, thawed & drained
italian diced tomatoes, drained
8 oz fat free cream cheese
- Cook linguine as directed on package, until just al dente
- Meanwhile, heat large skillet on medium-high heat.
- Add shrimp, tomatoes and spinach.
- Saute 3 to 5 minutes or until shrimp are cooked through.
- Soften cream cheese about 30 seconds in the microwave and stir. Repeat until smooth.
- Add to shrimp mixture and fold in until well blended.
- Drain pasta; place in large bowl, reserving about 1 c of starchy pasta water incase you nee dto thin your sauce.
- Add spinach; toss lightly. Stir in shrimp mixture.
- This was really good, but RICH.
Doubling as I did we ate dinner, sent a lunch, and froze a lunch.