I put it on a whole chicken and threw it in a crock with soem instant rice and wow was it awesome!
- 1/4 c brown sugar
- 1/4 c salt
- 1/4 c paprika
- 3 T black pepper
- 2 T garlic powder
- 2 T onion powder
- 1 t cayenne pepper
- 1 t dried herb (basil, parsley, thyme..or just whatever you have handy)
- Mix all together in a tightly sealing container. Good for 6 months... if it lasts that long.
- 1 whole chicken (or whatever chicken forms you like LOL)
- BBQ Rub to coat well
- 2 cups instant rice
- Rub chicken well with BBQ Rub, patting it in well.
- Spray crock bowl lightly with cooking spray.
- Put chicken in crock pot; cover & set on low for 8 hours or high for 4 hours (or covered in 350° oven for 2-3 hours)
- After 7 hours (3.5 for hi) have passed, remove the chicken (carefully it will be falling off the bones. and drain all liquid from crock.
- Drain fat off and add enough water to make 2 cups.
- Stir dry instant rice and water/basting mixture together and put in bottom of crock then add chicken back.
- Re-lid and cook for remaining time.
- IF USING OVEN: remove liquids and continue by floowing stove top directions for rice. Wrap chicken in foil to keep hot or leave in oven.
This week's Meal Plan